If You Don't do it, You Don't Really Believe it. Some people spend their whole time searching for what's right, but they can't seem to find any time to practice it. Your life story is not written with a pen, but with your actions. To do nothing is the way to be nothing.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

a friend and a broken promise

The blog getting dusty *blows dust and web away*  tonight is the night that I am going to end the hiatus. No exams and lecture is awesome. But here is a story, true story...

A year ago I received a frantic sms from an unknown number. It says one of my good friend then, have been involve in a car crash and his life is hanging on a balance. The unknown sender of the sms is his sister.At that particular time he was in the ICU. Still fresh on my mind what apparently his gf said that, its a miracle that he survive as the guard's at the ICU ward that witness a lot of these cases said mostly people won't make it. Hope that is a clear picture how his condition like.

As minutes passes by, my phone have been bombarded by phone calls and sms by other school mate, trying to know his situation, as we are the bestest of friend. I visited him at the KL general hospital first thing in the morning, with the company of one our good friend too.The first person I saw when I step out of the lift is his father grieving with his head down. When I greeted him, he forced a smile and explain what happen. It was my friend's lack of concentration that leads to the head on collision with an MPV. His jaw is broken,so does his nose, his face was swollen and totally unrecognisable, and dried blood are all over. Not to mention broken ribs, hand and leg. He broke down to tears and so does his apparent girlfriend. Before leaving I make a promise to him that we will play our favourite game of badminton again, to encourage him to heal quicker.

So even months have passed I know I have a promise that I haven't fulfill. Staying far away in Klang and occupied with uni, is a big hurdle for me to fulfill my word. I took this chance during my internship to set up a badminton session. all 5 of us. After all agree on a facebook thread, in the end the badminton session that was dedicated to, the main guy bailed out at the last minute as he usually do. For me personally trying to get a court, and calling each of them and end up been blown off, is just frustrating and the promise I made consider as fulfill.

His excuse was a plain bullshit, that he went to singapore to interview internship with SIA. Thats the same excuse that I gave my ex boss at my part time job when I was waiting for SPM result. Its sad to see how a person ego have drag him down. Yes I admit maybe I am doing a bit better, but never ever did look down on any of them who are not that lucky to further their studies in tertiary level. Inferiority sometimes is what we bring upon ourself.

Angry & disappointed could sum up my feel toward this friend of mine, who is my first friend that is also the first friend I made when I first come to KL. Due to his hard stand on certain race, he won't admit that the girl beside him on the hospital bed, who cry her eye balls out and till today with those uncompromising picture on fb is his gf, thus the big ego speaks.

There is only that much u can do sometimes, if u wanna reconnect with a friend, it takes two to tango, if they refuse to see u. well, too bad.

4 comments:

bemusedyin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bemusedyin said...

delete cos i dunwan create controversy. =).. msn/sms je la.

suhaisweet said...

Visiting here friend..Nice..Special contest bring to u.. Don’t Miss it!

LUCKY_STRIKE_14 said...

Yea...to connect wif a fren,is whether willing or not...a true frenz will reali appreciate the effort that u done...cheer ya...